ADA Nationwide Roadside Assistance
Membership Benefits – – Terms and Conditions
Eligible Vehicles: Service applies to any licensed motor-driven vehicles utilized by member.
Membership Card (s): You must dial the 800 # provided on your membership card in order to receive benefits. In the unlikely event that ADA Nationwide is unable to perform a request for service ADA at its sole discretion may provide reimbursement for service paid by member.
Scope of Services: As an ADA Member, you are entitled to four (4) free Emergency Road Service calls per membership year. Only one call for service will be honored per single occurrence. Membership does not provide for services that are related to sales, repair warranty or manufactures warranty. If it is determined that a service rendered to a member is an insurance or warranty issue ADA Nationwide reserves the right to seek reimbursement. Vehicles exceeding four (4) calls for emergency road service during a membership year will be charged the clubs wholesale rate which varies by region on a per occurrence basis. ADA also reserves the right to limit service, not renew a membership, or cancel a membership on a pro-rata basis when a members usage exceeds the 4 calls in a membership year. Maximum reimbursable benefit per occurrence is $125.00. Associate member (s) receive same services and benefits as the primary member. Emergency Towing service is a paid benefit when a vehicle becomes disabled while traveling.
- Lift Service: If the lift gate or ramp on your handicap vehicle becomes stuck ADA will dispatch and coordinate technical assistance to your location. ADA may also arrange phone consultation regarding a lift malfunction with a qualified technician.
- Wheelchair or Scooter Assistance: If you are away from home and your mobility device stops working ADA will coordinate and dispatch a qualified technician to assist with a solution. Parts and labor are the responsibility of the member.
- Emergency Towing: When you need emergency towing notify ADA and a truck will be dispatched to assist you in accordance with the towing/extrication provision of your state. Be advised ADA Nationwide will not pay for towing service due to an accident. Please be advised the most US states require a 20 minute arrival time for accident towing. ADA will not consider reimbursement for police ordered towing. Towing services are provided for vehicles under 9,000 GVW; at no charge with paid membership dues. *Your free towed mile limit is to the nearest reliable repair facility. Towing service is a covered benefit for emergency service only, and does not include shop to shop towing.
- Battery Jump Start, Repair or Replacement: A battery jump will be provided in an effort to start your vehicle. Roadside battery repair or replacement may be coordinated where available at member request. If the vehicle will not start, towing will be provided. Parts and labor are the responsibility of the member.
- Mechanical Adjustment: Provides for roadside repair or minor adjustments to a motor vehicle or mobility epuioment made at the disablement site in an attempt to allow the equipment to operate safely under its own power. If the minor adjustments are unsuccessful, we will arrange for towing and/or wheelchair transport assistance where available.
- Tire Change, Repair or Replacement: A flat tire will be inflated or replaced with your spare tire. If you do not have a spare tire, tire repair or replacement will be coordinated at members request where available. Tire change service does not apply to vehicles over 9,000 GVW or vehicle with duel rear axels. Parts and labor are the responsibility of the member.
- Extrication /Winching Service: When a vehicle becomes stuck and can be safely reached from a normally traveled roadway, service will be provided by one truck and driver. Situations requiring more operators or equipment will be provided at member’s expense. If the vehicle cannot be safely driven after winching, it may be towed.
- Lockout Service: When keys are locked in the passenger compartment of the vehicle, the service person will attempt to gain access. If the Vehicle cannot be opened, it may be towed. When keys are locked in the trunk, lost, or broken locksmith service will be coordinated at no charge. Parts and labor are the responsibility of the member.
- Fluid Delivery: When a vehicle runs out of fuel or other fluids an emergency supply sufficient to reach the nearest service station will be brought to the disabled vehicle. ADA cannot guarantee specific brands, octane ratings or the availability of diesel fuel. If the vehicle will not start, towing may be provided. Members will be charged for fuel at current pump prices.
- Passenger Transport: Transportation may be provided to the occupants of a disabled vehicle. Maximum transportation benefit includes 15 mile distance without charge. Over mile charges are responsibility of the member.
24 hour personal assistant services:
- Prescription delivery assistance
- Restaurant referrals and reservations
- Find and deliver one-of-a-kind gifts
- Door to door transportation services
EMERGENCY TRAVEL ASSISTANCE —
- Lost passport/travel documents assistance
- Lost baggage search
- Urgent message relay
EMERGENCY MEDICAL ASSISTANCE –
- Medical evacuation assistance
- Medical referrals (including dental and vision)
- Urgent transportation assistance
WE GO THE DISTANCE WITH YOU NATIONWIDE!
24 HOURS A DAY – – 365 DAYS A YEAR